On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
- Understand and work in the healthcare services environment
- Use economic principles to understand, explain and discuss allocation of resources in healthcare services
- Apply management principles (general, financial and human resources) in the healthcare services management
- Contribute to the management of a health care service practice
- Understand, monitor, review and implement quality improvement in this industry
- Understand planning and policy making, monitoring, review and implementation in the healthcare services sector
What is the duration of the programme, how is it structured?
The HCHCSM programme comprises 6 modules. Students attempt three (3) modules per semester. The minimum duration of this programme is one year.
What are the admission requirements?
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent
- A or O level certificates
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Principles of Management
- Healthcare Services Environment
- Health Economics
- Practice Management
- Service Delivery and Quality Management
- Health Care Services Planning and Policy
What is Your Investment?
SADC Distance Fee Schedule 2017
South Africa Distance Fee Schedule 2017
South Africa Rich Distance Fee Schedule 2017
The Higher Certificate in Health Care Services Management ( HCHCSM) is a 1 year programme intended for health care practitioners and related professionals such as medical practioners, nurses, physiotherapists and optometrists, as well as non–medical persons interested in pursuing management careers in health care services in the private and public sector.
The programme serves a dual purpose: school leavers will be empowered with initial management training and professionals in health care, who occupy managerial positions but have no formal management training will acquire managerial training and competencies.
What will I gain from this programme?
Persons completing this qualification will
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the health care services environment
- Use economic principles to understand, explain and discuss allocation of resources in the healthcare services environment
- Be able to analyse health care services phenomena using economic analysis tools
- Be able to apply management principles (general, fi nancial and human resources) in the health care services management environment
- Be able to manage a health care service practice
- Be able to understand, monitor, review and implement quality improvement systems in this industry
- Understand planning, policy making, monitoring, review and implementation in the health care services sector