Who Should Attend
- Municipal employees
Learning Assumed To Be In Place
Depending on the curriculum selected, students should be aware that adequate language and numeracy skills are necessary for coping with the demands of the curriculum. Apart from the formal requirements, learners who register for entry into this qualification at level 5 should :
- Have the information-gathering, analysis and presentation skills required at exit level 4 on the NQF.
- Be able to comprehend what they have learned and to communicate it reliably, accurately, and comprehensively in the required medium of instruction.
- Be able to begin to take responsibility for their own learning and its progress within a well-structured and managed learning environment.
- Be able to evaluate their own performance.
This programme provides an in-depth study of a range of management skills crucial to the successful functioning of local government.
- Communicate effectively within a Local Government sector.
- Understand the basic processes, procedures, systems and technology of the contemporary Local Government.
- Understand the basic principles and practices of Local Government Finance.
- Understand the basic legislative framework within which the Local Government operates.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the objectives of municipalities
- Demonstrate an understanding of the provisions of local government legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of tenders and contracts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the law impacting administrative actions
- Demonstrate an understanding of good business practice