Who Should attend
Municipal administrative employees
Learning Assumed To Be In Place
Communication at NQF Level 2 • Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2
The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to gain an insight into the business of Local Government, especially with reference to the key municipal processes and programme initiatives undertaken. It will enable learners to:
- Enter rotational job programmes in a support service capacity in the different technical sectors of Local Government having gained an introductory knowledge and insight into how each sector works.
- Understand the overall functions of government departments and how they fit into the overall service delivery objectives.
- Provide the necessary support and administrative services in the Local Government environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how Local Government operates.
- Apply support and administrative services in Local Government context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of municipal financial management and budgeting.