Who Should Attend
• Municipal officials
Learning Assumed To Be In Place
• Grade 12 (Matric) Qualification or grade 11 with two years work experience
The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government. With regard to the implementationof municipal financial management reforms, the Qualification serves, as a basis ofan effective implementation process by defining and identifying those competencies required by technical public officials.
The possession of relevant knowledge, skills and attitude by technical municipal officials is crucial to the implementation of municipal financial management reforms. The FETC: Municipal Finance and Administration is aimed at practitioners working in or wishing to work in the Municipal sector. It is a Qualification in a career pathway towards an accomplished municipal financial management specialist.
- Discuss and implement selected legislative and regulatory guidelines governing the public sector management and administration environment.
- Apply accounting principles and procedures for municipal resource management.
- Conduct revenue and cost analysis in the context of multi-year revenue and expendituremanagement in municipalities.
- Explain and apply management information systems in a municipal environment.
- Manage self and projects in a municipal environment.
- Design and apply administrative principles, procedures and systems in municipal officeadministration.