Who Should Attend
• Municipal employees
• Supply chain employees
Learning Assumed To Be In Place
• Communication at NQF Level 4
• Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4 • Economics at NQF Level 4
• Accounting at NQF Level 4
The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to apply strategic level financial management competencies to ensure effective, efficient and economical utilisation of public funds and resources at local government level.
Learners will develop competencies to manage strategic planning and budgeting processes, financial management processes and internal control, auditing and reporting processes. Individual learners will benefit through enhancing their personal competencies, knowledge and skills so as to be able to complete tasks required in their employment contracts and by legislation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of municipal finance issues in general, and their areas of focus in particular.
- Apply economic principles to municipal finance management.
- Assess foundations and principles of municipal practice in South Africa.
- Implement well-grounded and systematically developed principles in municipal financialmanagement.
- Proffer solutions to municipal service management and delivery problems.
- Engage with the broader field of municipal finance management.
- Support as a strategic management leader in the field of municipal financemanagement.
- Contribute to others’ understanding of current and emerging municipal finance issues.
- Demonstrate responsibility and adaptability as a professional in a municipality setting.