On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
- Display knowledge of management in general
- Analyse and solve managerial problems
- Demonstrate competency in the management of private enterprise, departments or sections to the benefit of all stakeholders in the multi-cultural business environment
- Interpret and critically evaluate evidence objectively
- Recognise and respond to change within organisations
- Demonstrate competency in the execution of the tasks of planning, organising, leading and controlling in the different fields of strategic management, marketing, finance, human resources, research and operations management
- Demonstrate competencies in research including data collection, analyses, interpretation and recommendations
- Display research and communication skills
What is the duration of the programme, how is it structured?
The BCOM Honours programme comprises 6 modules. Students attempt three (3) modules per semester. The minimum duration of this programme is one year.
The programme consists of the following core modules:
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources and Labour Relations Management
- Research Project
And one elective module from the following:
- Investment Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Purchasing Management
- Operations Management
- Healthcare Management
- Financial Management
The Bachelor of Commerce Honours (BCom Hons) degree is a 1 year programme that seeks to develop capacity in managers or persons who are aspiring to hold management responsibilities within the commercial sector. The programme enables learners to develop integrated functional and reflective competences in business and general management by examining issues relating to Marketing Management, Human Resource and Industrial Relations Management, Strategic Management, Financial Management, as well as undertaking research directed towards business and management, hence providing persons with cutting edge advanced management skills by exposing them to the functional areas of business and management at a post graduate level, thus ensuring that they are prepared for the challenges of the global economy.