On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
- Apply financial management and accounting principles in a work-based context
- Utilise technology to communicate effectively
- Analyse and use financial information for business decision making
- Identify the critical success factors for starting and managing a small business
- Design and implement marketing strategies to leverage business opportunities
- Operate as informed junior accountants and managers
How is it the programme structured?
- An Overview of Supply Chain Management
- Management Principles
- Principles of Economics
- Supply Issues in Supply Chain Management
- Operations Issues in Supply Chain Management
- Distribution Issues in Supply Chain Management
The minimum entrance requirements for admissionto the Higher Certificate in Supply Chain Management programme are as follows:
- A National Senior Certificate with a Bachelor’s Degree Endorsement admission or a relevant NQF 4 Qualification or Equivalent
Supply chain management seeks to integrate the value chain of organisations (all suppliers and customers) and processes that contribute to ultimate customer value. Supply chain management is a systems approach to managing the entire flow of information, materials, and services from the suppliers’ supplier to the customers’ customer.
What will I gain from this programme?
A student attaining the Higher Certificate in Supply Chain Management will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the supply chain management environment within an organisation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the influence of performance and risk within a
supply chain management environment
- Contribute to the development of a supply chain strategy for an organisation.
- Contribute to operational plans for supply chain management
- Implement elements of a supply chain strategy