Who Should Attend
- Have worked in the sector for any number of years but have no formal Qualifications in Local Economic Development
- Wish to enter Local Economic Development and work towards a nationally recognised Qualification
- Were previously denied access to further education and training
Learning Assumed To Be In Place
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
This Qualification has been designed as a Qualification for officials who are working in Local Economic Development at an operational management level.
It takes some of the key aspects of Local Economic Development introduced at NQF Level 4 and requires their practical application in the Local Economic Development environment in general and own work context in particular. It focuses on providing the learner with a range of processes that will ensure that Local Economic Development efforts bring about sustainable development.
The qualification provides a basis for progressing to a Qualification at NQF Level 6 and as such contributes to the development of the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values for a learner who wishes to progress along a career path in the sector of Local Economic Development.
- Identify and solve problems in which responses display that responsible decisions using critical and creative thinking have been made
- Work effectively with others as a member of a team, group, organization and community
- Organise and manage oneself and one`s activities responsibly and effectively • Collect, analyse, organize and critically evaluate information
- Communicate effectively using visual, mathematical and/ or language skills in themodes of oral and/ or written presentation
- Use science and technology effectively and critically, showing responsibility towards theenvironments and health of others by
- Demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognizingthat problem solving contexts do not exist in isolation
- Be culturally and aesthetically sensitive across a range of social contexts.