On completion of The Postgraduate Diploma in Islamic Finance and Banking, graduates will be able to:
- Communicate clearly with clients and manage stakeholder
relationships in an ethical and professional manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyse the fundamentals of
Islamic finance and banking.
- Critically evaluate the existing Islamic finance and banking products
and services vis a vis conventional banking.
- Analyse and evaluate the social responsibility features of the
interest-free banking system.
- Differentiate between interest-free Capital Markets, Islamic Venture
Capital and Islamic financial instruments.
- Apply the techniques, methodologies and theories pertaining to
Islamic product development issues.
- Assess the importance of corporate governance, regulation and
supervision in the field of Islamic Finance and Banking.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and systematic knowledge base of
Islamic Finance and Banking.
What is the duration of the programme, how is it structured?
The minimum duration of this programme is two years.
Introduction to Islamic Economics and
Islamic Commercial Law and Contracts
Evolution of Interest Based Banking
Islamic Venture Capital and Financial
Corporate Governance, Regulations and
Supervision in Islamic Banks
What is Your Investment?
SADC Fee Schedule 2018
South Africa Distance Fee Schedule 2018
The purpose of this programme is to equip students with the
necessary knowledge, skills and abilities in order to further their
understanding of Islamic Finance and Banking in all forms. It is aimed
at providing deeper understanding of Islamic Banking and Finance
vis-à-vis Conventional Banking. This programme will also assist
practitioners in developing a much needed Islamic secondary financial
market. The programme has been designed to:
- Provide a professional qualification for commerce and finance
graduates to initiate a career in the banking sector.
- Enhance career opportunities for those who are already in the
banking sector but require a professional qualification.