On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
The outcome of this Retail Management programme is to develop employable entry-level retail professionals equipped with an understanding of how retail organizations function and provide the relevant skills, knowledge and self-awareness to work effectively across the various functional areas in a retail business. Specific outcomes are as follows :
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders using a variety of communication tools.
- The ability to analyse and interpret financial information and develop an action plan to address possible shortcomings.
- The ability to manage employee performance to achieve specific objectives in a retail environment.
- The ability to manage all aspects of the retail supply chain to achieve specific objectives in a retail environment.
The ability to manage all operational aspects of retail stores.
What is the duration of the programme, how is it structured?
The HCRM programme comprises 6 modules. Students attempt three (3) modules per semester. The minimum duration of this Retail Management programme is one year.
What are the admission requirements?
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent
- A or O level certificates
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Business Management
- Economics of Business
- End User Computing
- Business and Consumer Law
- Retail Management
What is Your Investment?
SADC Distance Fee Schedule 2018Download
South Africa Distance Fee Schedule 2018
South Africa has a well-developed and extensive wholesale and retail industry. The Higher Certificate in Retail Management (HCRM) program is designed to meet the needs of learners who are already employed and involved in the wholesale and retail field.
The retail sector is currently faced with one of the highest skills shortages. The academic purpose of a qualification in retail management and marketing program is to introduce a student to the main functions and management of a retail business and the key issues associated with understanding retail trading and retail environments.