Who Should Attend
• Supervisors • Team leaders
Learning Assumed To Be In Place
• Communication at NQF Level 3.
• Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3.
• Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3, or the equivalent thereof.
The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to apply leadership competencies to ensure service excellence. The qualification is aimed at councillors, leaders and municipal managers in local government. The typical learner will be an employee in local government, wishing to gain the competence to fulfill the requirements of his/her current job obligations or a municipal employee or councillor wishing to
gain a qualification so as to advance his/her career opportunities. In addition persons seeking future employment in the local government sector may choose to complete this qualification.
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership skills in a specific sector or context.
- Apply innovative and creative strategies and visionary thinking skills in developing andimplementing strategic planning.
- Apply leadership skills to enhance service delivery.
- Apply knowledge of ethical standards in a leadership role.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that emotional intelligence plays inleadership.