Who Should Attend
• Employees in local government who facilitate relations between communities and other stakeholders
Learning Assumed To Be In Place
• Communication at NQF Level 4.
• Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4. • Recognition of Prior Learning
The qualification is aimed at learners in a local government context who facilitate democratic relations between the community, local government and various stakeholders that impact on local government democratic processes.
The qualification is aimed at providing key competences to councillors so that they
can best fulfil their mandate in respect of improving the lives of all the citizens in municipalities. It provides the learner with the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes required to act as a proactive link between the public and the council.
This qualification is in line with the overall learning pathways that the Department of Local Government is envisaging for its learners, both employed and unemployed.
- Apply a broad managerial, administrative and financial framework to a local government environment.
- Design, implement, monitor and evaluate local government plans for development projects.
- Apply theories and processes to facilitate local government elections.