Who Should Attend
- Non-financial group leaders
- Project managers and programme managers
- Department heads and individuals from both the public and private sectors who wish to develop a financial toolkit to complement their existing professional or technical skills.
Every manager and professional needs a comfortable grasp of the concepts and language of financial management if they are to play their full part in making decisions and monitoring performance. A working knowledge of financial principles and their application is essential for a manager to be effective. The RBS Financial Management for Non Financial Managers programme, is designed for managers from non-financial backgrounds to gain a better understanding of the basic principles of business finance and become more confident in addressing matters of a financial nature. The curriculum is designed to provide managers with a basic understanding of financial management.
It demonstrates how to read and understand key elements of financial statements and reports, such as balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements. Participants will also learn how to apply basic financial and accounting principles to budget preparation and analysis. Students completing the RBS Financial Management for Non Financial Managers Programme course will achieve the following:
Learners should be able to:
- Explain the nature and role of financial management
- Identify key financial statements and their interrelation
- Discuss the content of financial statements
- Assess the financial health of organizations
- Describe methods of forecasting, budgeting and planning
- Financial management concepts
- Financial planning, reporting and control
- Risks and risk identification
- Financial Statements