Covid-19 has changed the face of higher education in profound ways. These changes affected all institutions, resulting in the new teaching and learning approaches, as well as alternative examination and assessment methods.
REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL is keenly aware of the stresses and anxieties that the pandemic has caused, and seeks to minimise disruptions to your studies. For this reason we have introduced many support measures to help you stay on track (please visit the MyRegent student portal for details). These support measures extend to the upcoming Examination and Assessment cycle.
In keeping with the need to safeguard students against infection while, at the same time, maintaining the integrity of the examinations, RBS has developed an alternative assessment strategy: this year, all examinations will be in the form of a ‘take-home’ assessment. This means that you will be writing your examination from the comfort of your home. To ensure honesty and integrity, a range of quality assurance mechanisms have been put in place, including internal moderation during and after examinations.
Important to remember:
- There will be no venue-based examinations – stay home, stay safe!
- The start date for the June/July examination 2020 period will be maintained.
- Take-home assessments may require more time than an examination based on a 2 or 3 hour paper – the Examination and Assessment Guidelines will contain details of the time allocations for each of the modules.
- RBS will upload a pre-recorded webinar that details the requirements, approaches and possible pitfalls for a take-home assessment – all students will be notified when the recording is available.
- Students will need sufficient data to download/upload the take-home assignment. The data requirements will most likely be the same as that required for uploading assignments.
- Students are reminded that Assessment, Moderation and Appeals policies are available and have been maintained in this period of ‘business (un)usual’.
Please be assured that RBS is implementing all reasonable and available measures to minimise disruption to your studies. Our aim is to support you to attain the success you deserve!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to continue to practice the recommended precautionary measures, such as hand hygiene and social distancing, at all times and to adhere to the national lockdown regulations as published.
From the desks of the Dean & Managing Director of REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL