This programme is aligned to legislative framework as contemplated in the Municipal Financial Management Act.
Learners will develop competencies to manage strategic planning and budgeting processes, financial management processes and internal control, auditing and reporting processes. Individual learners will benefit through enhancing their personal competencies, knowledge and skills so as to be able to complete tasks required in their employment contracts and by legislation.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of municipal finance issues in general, and their areas of focus in particular.
- Apply economic principles to municipal finance management.
- Assess foundations and principles of municipal practice in South Africa.
- Implement well-grounded and systematically developed principles in municipal financial management.
- Offer solutions to municipal service management and delivery problems.
- Engage with the broader field of municipal finance management.
- Support as a strategic management leader in the field of municipal finance management.
- Contribute to others’ understanding of current and emerging municipal finance issues.