Effective risk management involves, amongst others, identifying business risks and risk factors, understanding the risk management framework, risk controls and financial implications associated with risk management.
Aimed at senior decision makers, the curriculum covers in-depth, the essential elements of managing risks and compiling risk mitigation initiatives to minimise the probability of risks.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles of risk management
- Effectively identify business risks and risk factors
- Implement risk controls and mitigation techniques
- Understand financial implications associated with risks
- Develop a risk response plan
- Identify and understand the business and business processes
- Identify types of risks and risk factors; Probability and consequence
- Risk management framework/ models and processes
- Risk financing: Insurance; Reinsurance; Legal liability; Forecasting losses
- Risk control: OHS, Fire, Natural disasters, Motor vehicles, Money and assets
- Monitoring and Control; Risk response plans