A Healthcare Services Management qualification can be an excellent way for those in the medical sector to gain critical skill in the management side of healthcare. Designed for healthcare practitioners and professionals in related fields, this qualification is ideal for any medical specialist who is interested in a management career in the private or public sector.
South Africa has a shortage of highly trained healthcare management professionals, making this a field that offers many opportunities locally. Internationally, this career is equally sought-after. Healthcare Services Management professionals work in a number of settings, such as:
- Private and state hospitals
- Physician, therapist and practitioner offices
- Clinics as well as specialised medical and mental health facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Managed-care facilities
- Health insurance companies
Why Study Healthcare Services Management?
The REGENT Higher Certificate in Healthcare Services Management offers a year-long distance learning qualification that caters to both newcomers to the field as well as experienced medical professionals who are seeking to explore the management aspect of healthcare. For school leavers, this course will provide initial training within the management field. For healthcare professionals such as nurses, doctors, therapists and related experts, formal management training will be provided to increase competencies.
Some of the benefits that will be provided to students pursuing this career include the following:
- The chance to develop a working knowledge and understanding of the healthcare services environment.
- The ability to apply economic principles in the allocation of resources for various healthcare facilities and services.
- The ability to apply management principles such as finance, general management and Human Resources within the broader management of healthcare.
- The ability to contribute to the management of healthcare facilities.
- The ability to understand, track, evaluate and implement quality improvement within the health services field.
- A greater understanding on planning, policy setting, monitoring, assessment and implementation.
Thanks to distance learning facilities such as REGENT Business School, achieving a qualification in this field is possible for those already working in the field. To learn more about the Healthcare Services Management course at REGENT, contact us today.