Business Management is an ideal choice for anyone wanting to fast-track their career or learn more about the realities of starting or managing a business. By exploring the various facets of management within the business sphere, from finance to communication and marketing, students are given a broad understanding of the skills needed to succeed in business.
One of the best business management courses to consider is the Higher Certificate in Business Management. This year-long course aims to build critical skill for better productivity, efficiency and performance in the world of business. It is ideal for undergraduates wanting an introduction into business, as well as those wanting to change career paths or improve resumes through by increasing crucial skills.
What exactly are the main benefits of studying Business Management, and why is this course worth considering for your career?
Why Consider Business Management Courses?
You might decide to take Business Management courses if you encounter one or more of the following challenges…
- Your work experience is not enough to get ahead
Your own experiences may have gotten you this far, but whatever your chosen career path, it is virtually impossible to know everything from experience alone. In the world of business and management, theory, development, strategies and insights can far surpass on the job experience. You may have built up plenty of experience in one side of business, only to realise that you are notably lacking in another side. A course that is designed to give a broad, encompassing overview of ALL sides of business will allow you to gain the understanding you need to get where you want to go.
- You are being overtaken by changing technology
How well do you think you understand the latest technology in processes, communication and business? You may not think so, but as technology continues to reinvent processes, change (if not replace) existing job roles and create new roles, it is more important than ever before to stay abreast of the changing landscapes of business. If you are not actively trying to learn and stay on your toes, you may find that you get left behind. Studying further to arm yourself with all the knowledge you need is the best way to keep up to date on your skills.
- Your understanding is limited to your current role
Those who work in the financial side of a company seldom understand much about what the marketing people do, and vice versa. In today’s competitive arena, being able to get a bigger picture of how businesses work, across all areas of operation, is essential. If you have dreams of starting your own company, or moving up the corporate ladder into a management position, this is especially important. Taking a year out of your life to study while you are working is a small investment when you consider the benefits that it could offer in the way of growth.
- Your understanding is limited to practical experience
We know that nothing can replace the value of practical, hands-on experience in the real working world. But, much like you need that experience to know exactly how a business really operates, theoretical knowledge and experience can be equally valuable. In fact, the most powerful combination includes both practical and theoretical knowledge. By learning current strategies, concepts, ideas and best practices, and getting access to case studies that indicate the best way to make decisions in business, you will be equipped with a well-rounded, holistic understanding of business.
- You are lacking insight and interaction from peers and mentors
You may have been working for some time, learning a bit as you go and making do with what you have. But perhaps you are feeling stuck or unable to grow. The value of studying further goes far beyond the information you learn. It also includes the insight and interaction from your peers – fellow students who have plenty to offer from their own experiences. It also includes the chance to find mentoring opportunities through lecturers and even fellow students. Studying remotely at a distance learning school does not limit this opportunity. As any business school graduate knows, networking is a major part of the studying process, after all.
By looking at what you stand to gain from Business Management courses, you will soon see just how much these courses have to offer.
Higher Certificates are an excellent way to increase your skill level within a certain field, and can be pursued through a good distance learning institute. Essentially, these one year courses can be done by anyone who has a national senior certificate and meets basic admission requirements. Students who want to change careers, those who wish to get an introduction into a specific field or those with specific career interests can all consider this qualification.
Qualifications offered by Regent Business School include the following:
- Higher Certificate in Accounting
- Higher Certificate in Business Management
- Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Higher Certificate in Health Care Management
- Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Higher Certificate in Islamic Finance, Banking and Law
- Higher Certificate in Management for Estate Agents
- Higher Certificate in Marketing Management
- Higher Certificate in Retail Management
Reasons to Consider Distance Learning Higher Certificates
What exactly makes Higher Learning Certificates valuable to your career growth however; and what benefits can you enjoy when studying through distance learning schools? Some of the main advantages to studying further through a certificate of higher learning include the following:
- Employability and growth potential. Employees who have further training and qualifications are typically more likely to be employed than those without. While obviously many other things are also taken into consideration, such as general aptitude for the role, experience and overall skill, qualifications give you a competitive edge. Specialising in a certain field helps you get a deeper understanding that can enhance your on the job experience, making you more of an asset to companies and more likely to get ahead.
- Higher salary potential. Likewise, employees who have qualifications on their resumes can expect a higher salary level compared to those who have limited training. Once again, this is not always the case – experience should never be overlooked or underestimated. But having specific training within your chosen career, as well as the experience needed to get a holistic understanding, will definitely put you in a higher earning bracket.
- Personal growth and development. Studying further can also give you a great deal of self-fulfilment. Learning and expanding your skills give you greater confidence, a higher level of self-worth and a greater ability to expand your perspective. As an added benefit, when studied through a distance education school, you will be able to pursue your studies part-time, while keeping your current job.
Studying further is the best way to maintain key skills within your chosen career, while also giving yourself a distinct advantage in the competitive career marketplace. From a community perspective, skilled, trained people give back to the economy and help to uplift those around them as well. With that in mind, Higher Certification undergraduate courses are the best way to grow, learn and thrive – whatever your chosen path may be.
Business management courses are ideal for anyone wanting to get a better understanding of what it takes to succeed in the business world. As a distance learning qualification, a course such as the Higher Certificate in Business Management from REGENT Business School gives you an overview of business management theory as well as practice.
This course is ideal for those who wish to pursue a career within business related fields, as well as those wanting to expand their skills within their current careers. It is also excellent for small business owners and entrepreneurs who wish to learn more about running a business from a financial, marketing and management point of view.
What to Know About Business Management Courses
Essentially, business management courses offer insight into the world of business. Students will increase understanding of the various facets of business, while developing key skills to help them increase productivity, efficiency and performance within the often highly competitive business environment.
Some of the key focus areas of this type of distance education certificate include the following:
- Learn how to apply the fundamental principles of business within a real-world working context;
- Learn how to analyse and implement financial data for effective decision making;
- Learn how to use financial management tools to obtain and manage resources;
- Learn how to use communications and IT systems for better communication;
- Learn how to recognise major success factors when running small businesses;
- Learn how understand the role of entrepreneurs and their role within small business;
- Learn how to create and plan marketing strategies for optimal business growth.
The typical admission requirement for a Higher Certificate in this field is a national senior certificate (Matric) with minimum admission requirements. As it is a distance learning qualification, you will be able to study part-time while working your current job, or while raising children if you are a stay at home mom wanting to advance a career. If you live in a more remote area, you do not have transportation or you prefer the flexibility of e-learning over traditional institutes, studying through distance programmes can be an ideal way to increase your skills. This sort of course is also a fantastic investment for companies who wish to grow a team of skilled employees. As the course gives a well-rounded view of business, it can help greatly to grow future managers and leaders.
Small business owners benefit greatly from this type of course, but those who studied in a non-business focused field, and now want to increase understanding of business studies, will also benefit from one of these courses.