Purpose of the role:
To manage and grow a portfolio of customized programme clients to generate profitable revenue, thereby supporting the marketing department with B2B capability to serve the development of leading managers in Africa.
- Meeting Sales targets
- Quarterly progress against annual sales target
- Profitable business / profit margin
- Client satisfaction (year on year portfolio growth on repeat business less clients that have not taken up business)
- New client acquisition
- Expansion of product offering to existing clients
- Quality of designs and proposal
- Cost management throughout programme implementation
- Timeous client payments
Sourcing / Prospecting
- Proactively leverages own and REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL Network
- Identifies and successfully pursues opportunities for new business
- Identifies new “client fit” organisations to pursue for business
- Gains access to and establishes relationships with key stakeholders in targeted accounts
- Takes opportunity of SETA funding
- Engages with clients for Pivotal grants
Implement the sales process:
- Number of engagements per component
- Level of progression through the sales process
- Volume and appropriateness of activities
- Competence / quality with regard to each component – technically sound
- Alignment with client needs
- Timeous delivery of/within components of the process
- Client understanding and alignment with client needs
- Client service
- Successfully leverages partner relationships
- Builds effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in solving problems and dealing with difficult situations
- Demonstrate confidence and professionalism in representing RBS at internal and external engagements
- Built mutually rewarding relationships through understanding and meeting others needs
- External relationships enabled achievement of business objectives
- Understand who really holds the power over and support for the intervention and acts accordingly before, during and after the execution of the intervention
- Relevant (business related) graduate qualification – post graduate will be preferable
At least seven to ten years’ experience in a higher education environment (e.g. consulting), preferable in the learning and development landscape and/or human capital.
Engaged and worked with senior executive level internally and with external clients.
A good understanding of the executive learning and development / education industry, landscape and products.
Experience and a good understanding of executive development learning intervention design (curriculum / learning outcome and instructional design).
Good understanding of sales and marketing principles / processes/ methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
Budgeting and forecasting skills.
Working knowledge of customer relations management (CRM), Click Dimensions, Asana and AccPac, advantageous.
Well-developed MS Office skills.
Able to communicate to individuals on all levels with excellent verbal and writing abilities.
Project management / project team leadership skills (multi-functional and cross-functional teams) Client liaison skills – proven track record or demonstrated potential of liaising with clients on C-level Well-developed conceptual and systems thinking skills.
Ability to manage complexity.
- Confidence and decisiveness and pro-activity
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Presenting and communicating information
- Writing and reporting
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Results driven
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Planning and organising
- Adapting and responding to change