This is a management-level position responsible for analyzing and directing all IT related activities of the organization with supervisory responsibilities for all staff assigned to the IT department. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities associated with the IT department including employee related issues.
- Enforce company policies and procedures as a member of management for all employees.
- Present a professional image as a representative of the company.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and every level of management.
- Determine the goals of IT within broad outlines provided by the executive management and contribute to the continuity of computer services by providing necessary technical leadership and project coordination.
- Forecast costs, equipment and personnel needs for projects and programs as required and related to MIS operations.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in MIS technology and remain highly technically competent at all levels of data processing while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable, and the implementation of policies that more effectively utilize MIS resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Ensure that the IT systems are in working order
- Ensure the network is in working order
- Telephone systems are functioning
- New computers are ordered
- All technology is up to date and working
- Ensure pabx is functioning
- Train all new employees on the MIS system
- Deal with suppliers and negotiate prices
- Ensure website is accessible to all students
- The student portal to be accessible and functioning
- Ensure that all backups are done
- Ensure that IT equipment is setup for corporate functions
Bachelors Degree in IT or equivalent
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Decision Making
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Email)
To apply: Applicants are to forward their CV’s and cover letters to email@example.com by no later than 30 September 2019.
Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.