Reflective of the educational purposes that we espouse, at REGENT Business School (RBS) we began with the end in mind, building foundations of hope, nurturing aspirations of greatness and formulating dreams into reality. Efforts that culminated into a day that we were all proud of as the assembled audience gasped in awe and cheered from the heart as the hall echoed with names of future leaders, in confirmation of an achievement of a lifetime.
The 2016 RBS Graduation ceremony attracted some 2000 plus attendees from afar as Angola, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Namibia, DRC, Lesotho, Tanzania and Nigeria. Students acknowledged every moment in celebration of their unique experiences of years of learning. The highlight of which, was when they crossed the stage to receive their award for their toil and sacrifices towards the achievement of academic success.
To make the graduation ceremony more reflective of RBS’s aspirations for all of its students, by acknowledging them in a meaningful way, we revised proceedings to focus on the individual students rather than formalities and speeches, thus allowing us to finish in record time, leaving graduates with time to revel in their achievement with fellow graduates, families and friends, over a scrumptious lunch. After 13 years of public schooling and 3 to 4 years of tertiary studies, a commitment of this magnitude deserves reflection.
All institutions of education publicly state and believe that every individual can learn, and have high expectations for all their learners to succeed and achieve. If this is the end we have in mind, then we are striving for a life of rich possibility for all. At RBS we want every graduation to have the capacity to contribute to the common good of society, by consistently producing graduates of exemplary caliber, accomplished by a student centric approach to teaching and learning together with establishing a bond with our students, as not only academic but as life coaches too.
To return to the point about ‘beginning with the end in mind’, these accolades achieved are a worthy end to keep in mind. Dedication and commitment from both Institution and learners towards a common goal, and the achievement thereof deserves this acknowledgement. We at RBS celebrate their achievements, appreciate them as unique individuals and speak with optimism of their future. RBS is proud to say that all of our graduates have achieved something of worth and meaning, for that is what we at RBS set out to do. Join us in this magnificent journey to consolidate, enhance and provide education in the Republic of South Africa.
For many graduates who are seeking to study further, finding the top MBA in Cape Town can often seem like a search for the Holy Grail. There are many factors to take into consideration when selecting an MBA programme in Cape Town, or anywhere else, for that matter.
Rankings are one thing that many students consider. The Eduniversal rating system known as the Palmes of Excellence offer a simple way for programmes all over the world to be rated. This system takes into account factors such as accreditation, school rankings and membership within various national and international academic associations. There are five levels within the Palmes of Excellence system, starting from 5 Palmes (universal school with a strong global excellence) to 1 Palme (fair school with a strong regional excellence). While it is natural for students to assume that only schools with 5 Palmes are worth consideration, it is important to note that this is one of many things that should be considered when looking for a top MBA in Cape Town.
Choosing the Best MBA in Cape Town
REGENT Business School is proud to be a 2 Palmes of Excellence distance learning facility. This means that we have a strong regional presence and a good reputation. Some of the reasons that REGENT Cape Town is often considered an excellent choice for local MBA applicants include the following:
- Accessibility. The MBA programme is known for its high level of stress as it is… having to relocate for your postgrad studies may be one stress that you can avoid. Unlike a traditional university such as UCT, REGENT offers the chance to study remotely, using a wide range of interactive learning tools. This allows a far greater level of flexibility for students and also makes it possible for students living outside of study areas to complete their dream of getting an MBA. With this in mind, it may be more worthwhile to consider a college that offers more accessibility if this makes it easier to study.
- Affordability. Both Stellenbosch and UCT (South Africa’s two 5 Palmes universities) are known for their high fees. For many students who are already either in debt or battling to afford their studies, the high fees come with more than a few challenges. Regional campuses and distance learning colleges offer an affordable way to study remotely, with the chance to study while working. Fees are calculated on a semester basis, and as there is a lot more flexibility, it is often easier to budget for your studies.
- Quality. The Palmes of Excellence rating system is not the only method of determining a school’s overall quality. A 2 Palmes school that is ranked as a good school globally may have many other accolades on a regional level. Accreditation is an important factor, but equally important is the school’s success record. What do former MBA graduates have to say about the school? How many are happily working and thriving after completing the programme? Testimonials and reviews are a very good indicator.
At the end of the day, you are the only person who will know whether your chosen MBA in Cape Town is the right one. With that said however, taking the time to assess your options realistically, without relying on only one form of ranking, is the best way to ensure that you make your choice for the right reasons. In this way, you will be able to choose the MBA programme in Cape Town that adds genuine value.
For undergraduates wondering whether to complete postgraduate studies in Cape Town, South Africa’s Mother City offers not only a variety of opportunities for programmes, internships and work, but also the chance to enjoy the world-class standard of living enjoyed within this province.
While Johannesburg holds the award for most populated city, Cape Town is a close second. In addition to being the legislative capital of South Africa, the city has also racked up a number of awards. In addition to its primary business node in the City Centre, additional commercial zones include the up-and-coming areas of Claremont, Century City and Bellville. A large number of corporate headquarters and offices can be found across numerous industries, particularly within the business field. Finance, accounting, marketing, commerce and management are just some of the major fields that are represented in the city. As a tourist destination, the city is one of the top places to visit in the world. But, as a study destination, it also offers a wide range of advantages for students pursuing postgraduate qualifications.
Top Reasons to Consider Postgraduate Studies in Cape Town
- Internships. A major aspect of any postgrad programme is finding the right places for your internship. Cape Town offers an extensive range of intern opportunities across key sectors that include public and private organisations. Whether you are longing to find a finance internship at one of the country’s top banking institutes, or you want to be based in close reach to international or national headquarters of major companies, this is the place to be to find lucrative internships that help you get your career on track.
- Graduate Opportunities. For new graduates, there are many dedicated programmes to be found across the city, in various fields and companies. Skilled employees are highly sought-after in any job market, but in Cape Town, the large number of recognised businesses allow for plenty of exciting potential prospects. If you choose a distance learning campus, you will have the added benefit of studying while you are working, which will further increase your opportunities when seeking work after your studies are complete.
- Quality of Life. It’s not work and studies! As important as it is to stay on your path to success, you cannot afford to overlook the lifestyle advantages that this renowned city has to offer. When you are not working or studying, you will be able to enjoy some of the best beaches on the planet, along with plenty of attractions, activities and facilities that enhance your quality of life. After all, this is one of the biggest draw cards for those moving to Cape Town to study or work.
Of course, only you can decide whether or not to take the plunge. If you’re looking for a fantastic place to grow, develop and find your niche however, choosing to complete your postgrad studies in Cape Town is a decision that you will not regret! For more information on studying at REGENT Cape Town, contact us today on +27 (21) 671-7005.