Study Enquiry FormA dedicated programme advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.
- Equips students with the technical abilities to prosper in a career as a chartered accountant.
- Teaches students how to communicate rationally and logically.
- Provides students with the ability to identify and solve real-world problems related to Financial Accounting and Taxation in business, commerce, and management.
- Extends students’ business management, leadership, and accounting skills to become better business leaders.
- Equips students to analyse and evaluate data to make better business decisions.
- Teaches students to discover the various causes of success and failure in different business enterprises.
- Provides students with advanced skills to analyse, record, classify, and summarise the amount of money available for transactions.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting is a one-year programme that allows students to learn while working. Its distance learning structure provides busy students with the perfect balance between work and studies.
This kind of learning is ideal for students who like to work alone. The hybrid structure creates the perfect opportunity for those who want to advance their careers but are already employed. The modules for this remote learning option include case study analysis, workshops, tutorials, and self-directed reading. A hybrid of online and in-person classes is used to run the workshop sessions — allowing academics to communicate with one another.
(In areas with enough demand, classes are held in person.)
Course structure and modules
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Auditing
- Advanced Taxation
- Advanced Managerial Accounting and Finance (MAF)
Upon successful completion of this postgraduate course, students will have learned advanced skills and expertise that allow them to pursue senior positions in the following careers:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Credit Controller
- Digital Technologist
- External Auditor
- Financial Controller
- Financial Director
- Financial Manager
- Financial Officer
- Forensic Auditor
- Government and Civil Service Financial Specialist
- Internal Auditor
- Investment Banker
- Management Consultant
- Operations Office Manager
- Payroll Clerk
- Portfolio Manager
- Tax Consultant
To be eligible to enrol for the Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, students must have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting OR equivalent qualification with SAICA accreditation.
All submissions are subject to the approval of the RBS Selection Committee.
Open for January 2023 registration only.
How to apply
Ready to apply for the Bachelor of Commerce programme?
Need more information?
Download the course Prospectus
Need more information about the course?
Need more information about the fees?