Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
- Provides students with an in-depth understanding of human resources and work relationships.
- Develops students’ conceptual understanding, synthesis, and application of management practices and theory.
- Equips students with advanced skills to apply fundamental HR management principles in a work-based environment.
- Teaches students to analyse and solve human resource-related problems.
- Gives students the expertise to manage information in a business management context.
- Provides students with forefront knowledge and expertise in human resource management, including relationship management, recruitment, and employee training.
- Teaches students how to communicate clearly and concisely, which shows consistency so other employees can follow their example.
- Equips students with the skills to plan, organise, lead, and control human resource projects.
The BCom in Human Resource Management is a three-year distance learning programme with a highly student-focused approach. It gives students with diverse needs and various responsibilities the opportunity to study even while working full-time.
Students can choose how they want to take the course:
Option 1: Distance learning
This option is perfect for students who want to work independently. Modules for the distant learning option incorporate workshops, case-study analysis, and self-directed reading. Every semester, these optional workshops take place over two weekends and allow students to interact with their professors and classmates in real-world situations.
Workshops are held in areas with a sufficient level of demand.
Option 2: Rich-distance learning
This choice is best for students who value the independence of independent study while preferring to maintain frequent contact with their tutors and classmates. Students who select the rich-distance learning option will interact formally with instructors and other students (on an online platform).
Rich-distance learning is a fantastic option for students who want to experience the “traditional” manner of studying but at a much-reduced cost.
Upon completing this degree, students will have the skills and expertise to pursue the following careers:
- Business Advisor
- Human Resource Administrator
- Human Resource Consultant
- Human Resource Manager
- Human Resource Specialist
- Human Resource Officer
- Industrial Relations Consultant
- Industrial Relations Manager
- Life Coach
- Management Consultant
- Office Manager
- Payroll Administrator
- Recruitment Consultant
- Senior Human Resource Generalist
- Talent Agent
- Training and Development Manager
- Training and Development Officer
Admission requirements for the BCom in Human Resource Management are the following:
- A national senior certificate with minimum Bachelor’s Degree admission or relevant NQF Level 4 qualification or equivalent (‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates).
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements for admission to the respective undergraduate programme, but have appropriate work experience, may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as a form of alternative access to the programme. Admissions via the RPL route are based on the candidate’s prior studies, age, work, and management experience. All entries are subject to the approval of the RBS Selection Committee.