Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
- Provides students with a solid understanding of an organisation’s supply chain management environment.
- Equips students with comprehensive knowledge of supply chain, logistics, and procurement management functions.
- Trains students on how to handle risks effectively and solve existing problems.
- Provides students with the ability to contribute to supply chain strategies that help businesses achieve efficiency and enhanced performance.
- Gives students the skills to create operational plans for supply chain management.
- Teaches students to broaden their understanding of essential management functions, such as communication, finances, and operations.
- Trains students to incorporate effective supply chain strategies that satisfy suppliers and customers.
The HC in Supply Chain Management is a one-year distance learning course that allows students to work and study simultaneously.
This means students with various home and work-related responsibilities can learn even while working and having a packed schedule.
Students can choose how they want the programme to be delivered to them:
Option 1: Distance learning
This option is perfect for students who prefer to study independently. The distance learning modules include workshops, analysis, case studies, and self-directed reading. Every semester, optional workshops take place over two weekends. This allows students to interact with their lecturers and fellow students in real-world situations.
(Workshops are held in areas with sufficient demand.)
Option 2: Rich-distance learning
The rich-distance learning option is best for students who value independence while simultaneously wanting to maintain frequent contact with their lecturers and fellow students. Students who select the rich-distance learning option will engage in formal classroom activities online with instructors and other students.
This learning option is fantastic for people who want to experience the “conventional” method of studying but at a much-reduced costs.
- An Overview of Supply Chain Management
- Management Principles
- Principles of Economics
- Supply Issues in Supply Chain Management
- Operations Issues in Supply Chain Management
- Distribution Issues in Supply Chain Management
After successful completion of the HC in Supply Chain Management, students will have the skills needed to succeed in the following careers:
- Chief Purchasing Officer
- Logistics and Supply Chain Administrator
- Logistics Controller
- Operations Administrator
- Logistics, Transportation, or Distribution Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product or Service Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Risk Consultant
- Shift Manager
- Training Coordinator
- Transport Administrator
- Transport Controller
- Vice President of Strategic Sourcing
- Warehouse Manager
Admission requirements for the Higher Certificate in Supply Chain Management are as follows:
- A National Senior Certificate with minimum Higher Certificate admission
- A relevant NQF4 qualification OR equivalent (‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates)