Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
Entrepreneurship is regarded as the cornerstone of economic growth in today’s business environment. In this highly competitive and complex arena, success takes more than passion alone. REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL’s Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship (HCIE) is a 1 year programme that provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to establish a new business and market a small business. It also provides a solid grounding in managing the finances of a small business and improving competency levels in accounting practices. In addition, the fundamentals of Business Communication and Management Principles will train entrepreneurs to be effective in their communication, leadership and management style. In a job market where retrenchment always threatens job security, this programme will equip graduates the skills needed to be an entrepreneur or business owner, with the analytical business tools and increased knowledge to develop and maintain a business.
The Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship has been developed in response to the growing need to provide students with the necessary skills; or to further enhance their existing skills in establishing their own businesses thereby assisting in improving the economical landscape in Southern Africa. This programme will provide students with the opportunity to assume the responsibility, risk and rewards of starting and operating their own business. The Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship offers students the opportunity to improve their business management skill set.
- Provides students with core business skills needed to succeed as an entrepreneur.
- Equips students with the skills to use and understand conventional accounting processes.
- Trains students to use numerical and statistical knowledge to manage their small businesses.
- Provides students with the ability to understand the environment in which a business functions — so they can use it to their advantage.
- Gives students a basic understanding of the legal context of business.
- Teaches students to handle managerial decisions through careful consideration of several factors.
- Provides students with fundamental knowledge of human resource and labour relations functions within small-to-medium businesses.
- Equips students with fundamental marketing skills they can use to promote their businesses.
The Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship is a one-year distance learning programme that allows students to study while working. This gives students with different needs and vast responsibilities the chance to learn even with their packed schedules.
The following options are available to students for how they want the course to be delivered to them:
Option 1: Distance learning
This option is ideal for those who prefer to study on their own. The modules for distance learning include case studies, analysis, and independent reading. Additionally, two weekends are dedicated to optional workshops every semester. As a result, students can interact with their lecturers and fellow students in real-world situations.
(Areas with a sufficient degree of demand host these workshops.
Option 2: Rich-distance learning
Rich-distance learning is the best solution for students who appreciate independence while also wanting to keep in close contact with their instructors and fellow students. This learning option allows students to participate in formal classroom activities with teachers and other students online.
This learning option is perfect for those who want to experience the “traditional” manner of learning but at a considerably lower cost.
- Small Business Marketing
- Strategic Small Business Management
- Business Communication
- Small Business Finance and Accounting
- Management Principles
Upon completion of the Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship, graduates will have the following:
- A strong foundation for a career in commerce.
- The opportunity to gain admission to REGENT Business School’s Bcom programme.
- Relevant and in-depth knowledge that can be applied to the present business environment to boost career advancement and develop a successful business.
Who should apply?
The Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship is perfect for:
- Success-driven, creative individuals who want to start thriving businesses by unlocking their entrepreneurial potential.
- Individuals who want to empower themselves with the knowledge and abilities needed to be successful business owners.
- Business people looking for proven strategies to help them excel in the business environment.
- Part-time or full-time employees who want to advance their careers with additional skills or break away and start their businesses.
To enrol in the Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship, applicants must have one of the following:
- A National Senior Certificate with minimum Higher Certificate admission
- A relevant NQF4 qualification (‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates)