Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
- Provides students with an advanced and in-depth understanding of general management and business functions.
- Teaches students to examine marketing, human resource, industrial relations, financial, and strategic management issues.
- Gives students the skills to analyse and solve managerial problems in several business sectors.
- Equips students with advanced skills to objectively interpret and critically evaluate evidence.
- Offers students the expertise to manage private enterprises, departments, or sections in a way that benefits all stakeholders.
- Provides students with forefront knowledge and expertise in business systems.
- Teaches students to plan, organise, lead, and control different management fields.
- Equips students with data collection and analysis skills so they can effectively interpret the data and make excellent business development recommendations.
- Teaches students how to effectively listen and communicate to make better business decisions.
The BCom in Honours is a one-year distance learning course with a highly student-focused approach. It gives students with diverse needs and various responsibilities the opportunity to study even while working full-time.
It takes on a distance learning approach, perfect for students who want to work independently. Modules for the distant learning option incorporate workshops, case-study analysis, and self-directed reading.
Every semester, these optional workshops take place over two weekends and allow students to interact with their professors and classmates in real-world situations.
Workshops are held in areas with a sufficient level of demand.
- Human Resource and Labour Relations Management
- Business Research Methods
- Elective: (choose 1 of the following)
– Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
– Financial Management
– Healthcare Management
– Investment Management
– Operations Management
– Purchasing Management
– Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management
- Research Project
- Strategic Management
Admission requirements for the BCom Honours are as follows:
- A three-year undergraduate commerce degree or equivalent qualification (for example, an Advanced Diploma); AND
- The achievement of an average of at least 55% in the major (third year) subjects in the undergraduate qualification.
Students wishing to offer an elective such as Managerial Economics or Investment Management must have appropriate cognate subjects in their undergraduate qualification that will ensure preparation for the postgraduate requirements.