About Honoris United Universities
Honoris United Universities is the first and largest pan-African private higher education network committed to transforming lives through relevant education for lifetime success. Collaborative intelligence, cultural agility, and mobile mindsets are at the heart of the Honoris approach to educate the next generation of leaders and professionals able to impact regionally in a globalized world. Honoris combines the expertise of its member institutions to develop world-class African human talent that is competitive in today’s fast-paced, demanding, and increasingly digitized labor and start-up markets.
A DIVERSE COMMUNITY OF POST-SECONDARY INSTITUTIONS WITH OVER 250+ YEARS OF ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE:
- 15 Institutions
- 32 Cities
- 71,000 students from 40 nationalities
- 10 Countries
- 70+ Campuses
- 190+ Academic partners
- 10+ Fields of study
- 3 Coding bootcamps in African tech hubs
- 11 Innovation centers, makerspaces, and incubators
- 1 FabLab accredited by MIT
- 420+ Degrees in various disciplines in contact, distance, online and blended formats
- 170,000+ Alumni
Honoris Fact Sheet
Collaborative intelligence, cultural agility, and mobile mindsets are at the heart of the Honoris approach to educate the next generation of leaders and professionals able to impact regionally in a globalized world. The network combines the expertise of its member institutions to develop world-class African human talent that is competitive in today’s fast-paced, demanding, and increasingly digitized labor and start-up markets. Honoris champions new methods of delivery and technologies, developing relevant academic models designed to address Africa’s key educational challenges to improve the employability and life skills of graduates in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
In 2022, Honoris was recognized as a New Champion by the World Economic Forum and was awarded the New Champions Award for Excellence in Adaptive Capacity.
FOCUS ON EMPLOYABILITY
Honoris graduates have superior employment outcomes in our respective markets. Honoris enhances the employability of its graduates by incorporating a comprehensive and mandatory work readiness program into the curricula, enabling graduates to develop soft skills, digital capabilities, and real-world competencies. Supported by a suite of in-person and online services, 83% of Honoris graduates gain access to the job market within 6 months of graduating. Alongside 800+ partnerships with employers at national, pan-African, and global levels, Honoris students also have access to 23 career centers both physical and digital.
Honoris demonstrates a contribution towards 11 of the 17 United Nations SDGs. To support the objectives of the Goals to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for everyone by 2030, Honoris recognizes that a collective effort is required – involving its own employees and the many partners united to Honoris institutions, from governments and regulators, communities, employers, associations, to academic organizations.
HONORIS APPROACH TO ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
Honoris institutions provide a rich offering of programs, dedicated employability initiatives, exclusive partnerships, international faculty, and teaching methodologies built around its mission of Education for Impact, all geared towards developing world-class African human talent with an entrepreneurial mindset and 21st-century skills to thrive in the globally disrupted world of work.
The Honoris United Universities’ commitment to its students and their families:
- Academic excellence based on national and international standards
- World-class regional and international faculty
- Tech-enabled platforms and environments for increased learning outcomes
- Student mobility opportunities through multi-track programs, partnerships, and dual degrees across Africa, Europe, Asia, and North America
- Dedicated programs and support for employability, including partnerships with 800+ employers
- Transversal learning programs that focus on 21st-century skills
- Future-oriented learning and a rich student experience
- Globally recognized research in numerous fields
- A pan-African focus on innovation and entrepreneurship That’s why 1 in 5 students in private higher education in Africa choose an Honoris institution.