Study Enquiry FormA dedicated programme advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Provides students with a well-rounded knowledge of the structure of the South African legal system and the relationship between the various sub-disciplines of law.|
- Teaches students to engage with legal texts about legalisation.
- Equips students with the ability to identify and source relevant information to support statements, recommendations, and decisions related to a legal and corporate position.
- Gives students the expertise needed to interpret primary and advanced questions of law.
- Teaches students how to articulate and communicate legal problems and their solutions professionally.
- Provides students with the knowledge to perform critical legal research.
After successful completion of this Law Degree, students will have learnt vital skills that enable them to pursue the following career opportunities:
- Account Manager
- Associate Attorney
- Associate General Counsellor
- Bankruptcy Paralegal
- Compliance Officer
- Contracts Lawyer
- Corporate Attorney
- Corporate Lawyer
- Employment Lawyer
- Family Lawyer
- General Practice Lawyer
- Immigration Lawyer
- Intellectual Property Lawyer
- Head of Legal Services
- Insurance Underwriter
- Investment Analyst
- Legal Advisor
- Legal Manager
- Legal Officer
- Legal, Risk and Compliance Consultant
- Litigation Paralegal
- Media Planner
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolver
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Professional Counsellor
- Tax Consultant
To enrol in the Bachelor of Commerce in Law, applicants must have one of the following admission requirements:
- A national senior certificate with a Bachelor’s Degree endorsement admission
- An applicable NQF4 qualification OR equivalent
Candidates who don’t fulfill the minimum requirements but have relevant work experience may be admitted to the course through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). These admissions are determined by the applicant’s past education, age, employment history, and managerial experience.
How to apply
Ready to apply for the Bachelor of Commerce programme?
Need more information?
Download the course Prospectus
Need more information about the course?
Need more information about the fees?