Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Provides students with a well-rounded knowledge of the structure of the South African legal system and the relationship between the various sub-disciplines of law.|
- Teaches students to engage with legal texts about legalisation.
- Equips students with the ability to identify and source relevant information to support statements, recommendations, and decisions related to a legal and corporate position.
- Gives students the expertise needed to interpret primary and advanced questions of law.
- Teaches students how to articulate and communicate legal problems and their solutions professionally.
- Provides students with the knowledge to perform critical legal research.
The Bachelor of Commerce in Law is a three-year distance learning programme that allows students to study while working.
Students will get a complete study pack for their course after registration and will have continuous lecturer access and support over email or telephone.
This course is highly student-focused and gives students the option to choose how they want the content to be delivered to them:
Option 1: Distance learning
This option is excellent for individuals who want to work on their own. The distant learning option includes workshops, case-study analysis, and self-directed reading. Every semester, optional workshops occur over two weekends and allow students to interact with their professors and classmates in a real-world situation.
(Workshops are held in areas with enough demand.)
Option 2: Blended learning
This choice is best for students who value independent study while maintaining frequent contact with their tutors and classmates. Those who choose the rich-distance learning option will take part in formal online classroom settings with instructors and other students.
This is a fantastic option for individuals who want to experience the “traditional” way of studying but at a much-reduced cost.
Course structure and modules
- Fundamentals of the South African Legal System
- Business Communication
- Business Management 1
- Economics 1
- Accounting 1
- Information Systems
- Business Law
- Business Management 201
- Financial Law
- Public Law
- E-Commerce Law
- Business Ethics
- Labour Law
- International Business Law
- Property Law
- Consumer Law
After successful completion of this Law Degree, students will have learnt vital skills that enable them to pursue the following career opportunities:
- Account Manager
- Associate Attorney
- Associate General Counsellor
- Bankruptcy Paralegal
- Compliance Officer
- Contracts Lawyer
- Corporate Attorney
- Corporate Lawyer
- Employment Lawyer
- Family Lawyer
- General Practice Lawyer
- Immigration Lawyer
- Intellectual Property Lawyer
- Head of Legal Services
- Insurance Underwriter
- Investment Analyst
- Legal Advisor
- Legal Manager
- Legal Officer
- Legal, Risk and Compliance Consultant
- Litigation Paralegal
- Media Planner
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolver
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Professional Counsellor
- Tax Consultant
To enrol in the Bachelor of Commerce in Law, applicants must have one of the following admission requirements:
- A national senior certificate with a Bachelor’s Degree endorsement admission
- An applicable NQF4 qualification OR equivalent
Candidates who don’t fulfill the minimum requirements but have relevant work experience may be admitted to the course through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). These admissions are determined by the applicant’s past education, age, employment history, and managerial experience.