Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
The programme explores the complex challenges of financial management decision-making processes and deals with issues such as: budgeting; cash-flow projections; cost benefit analysis; financial statements with respect to balance sheets; income and expenditure statements; assets register; ratio analysis; business investment; financing decisions; current asset management; dividend and dividend policy.
The areas of mergers and acquisitions are also explored.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Obtain and assimilate knowledge appropriate to the practice of financial management in any organisation.
- Prepare financial statements of entities, including groups of companies, using relevant financial information, accounting techniques and standards; and to analyse and interpret such financial statements
- Understand the general legal framework, and apply specific legal principles relating to business, including taxation legislation as applicable to individuals, single companies and groups of companies.
- Explain the process of carrying out the assurance (audit) engagement and its application in the context of the professional (audit) regulatory framework.
- Describe the organisational context of the financial manager and of the development of financial systems; to understand the need for the efficient use of resources within an organization
- Communicate business and general management information to relevant stakeholders effectively using both oral and verbal communication
Duration: 3 years
There are 5 modules per year over two semesters
- Business Communication 101
- Mathematics of Finance 101
- Financial Management 1
- Economics 1
- Financial Accounting 1
- Business Management 201
- Introduction to Taxation 201
- Financial Management 2
- Managerial Accounting 2
- Business Information Systems 2
- Ethics and Corporate Governance 301
- Public Sector Finance 301
- Financial Management 3
- Commercial Law 3
- Taxation 3