Study Enquiry FormA dedicated programme advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.
The Higher Certificate in Management for Estate Agents (HCMEA) is a 1 year programme that provides an overview of the application of management theory to the Real Estate sector. The programme is designed to provide persons in the Real Estate sector with a convenient and appropriate avenue to management studies and to become familiar with regulations that require estate agents to be formally qualified.
The programme will broaden students understanding of essential functions of estate agency management such as business management, corporate governance, business ethics, finance and marketing. The programme develops the student’s skills necessary to enhance productivity, effectiveness and performance while building and improving sound business practices in the real estate sector.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Apply management principles in context of management in real estate
- Analyse and use financial information for business decision making in real estate
- Utilise financial management tools for effective acquisition and use of organisational resources in the real estate sector
- Utilise Information and Communications Technology to communicate effectively in the real estate sector
- Identify the critical success factors for starting and managing a real estate agency
- Design and implement marketing strategies to leverage business opportunities in relation to the property market.
- Discuss and review the different legislative practices involved in the real estate sector
- Marketing Management
- Business Information Systems
- Financial Management
- Business Law
- Real Estate Practice
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent
- A or O level certificates
How to apply
Ready to apply for the Bachelor of Commerce programme?
Need more information?
Download the course Prospectus
Need more information about the course?
Need more information about the fees?