Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
- Boosts students’ marketability so they can attain accounting positions in small to large enterprises.
- Teaches students to apply financial management and accounting principles in a work-based context.
- Trains students to use financial and accounting software and technologies.
- Provides students with analytical skills to gather and interpret financial data and make better decisions.
- Equips students with all the skills necessary to operate as junior accountants and climb the corporate ladder.
- Teaches students to identify critical success factors for starting and managing a small business.
- Provides students with basic marketing skills to leverage business opportunities.
The Higher Certificate in Accountancy is a one-year distance learning program that allows students to study while employed. This means that students with diverse needs and numerous responsibilities can learn even with a packed schedule.
Students can choose in which manner they want the course to be delivered to them:
Option 1: Distance learning
This option is perfect for students who prefer to study independently. The distance learning modules include workshops, analysis, case studies, and self-directed reading. Every semester, optional workshops take place over two weekends. This allows students to interact with their lecturers and fellow students in real-world situations.
(Workshops are held in areas with sufficient demand.)
Option 2: Rich-distance learning
The rich-distance learning option is best for students who value independence while simultaneously wanting to maintain frequent contact with their lecturers and fellow students. Students who select the rich-distance learning option will engage in formal classroom activities online with instructors and other students.
This learning option is fantastic for people who want to experience the “conventional” method of studying but at a much-reduced cost.
- Business Information Systems
- Commercial Law
- Financial Accounting
- Business Management
- Financial Management
After completing this program, students will have learned the fundamental skills to pursue the following Higher Certificate in Accounting Sciences jobs:
- Account Assistant
- Account Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Asset Controller
- Audit Clerk
- Billing Administrator
- Cost Accountant
- Credit Controller
- Financial Administrator
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Clerk
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Business Administrator
- Junior Accountant
- Office Administrator
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Officer
Admission requirements for the Higher Certificate in Accounting include the following:
A National Senior Certificate with minimum Higher Certificate admission
A relevant NQF4 qualification OR equivalent (‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates)