Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL’s Higher Certificate in Accounting (HCIA) programme is a 1 year programme that prepares students to analyse and accurately communicate the financial impact of economic events of an enterprise. Accounting skills are becoming increasingly valued by business leaders and investors, who recognise the need for qualified and well-trained accounting support staff.
The Higher Certificate in Accounting is designed to provide students with a broad and thorough understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting practices, to keep students abreast of innovations in the field, to enhance proficiency in accounting related functions such as financial analysis and data interpretation.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Apply financial management and accounting principles in a work-based context.
- Utilise technology to communicate effectively.
- Analyse and use financial information for business decision making.
- Identify the critical success factors for starting and managing a small business.
- Design and implement marketing strategies to leverage business opportunities.
- Operate as informed junior accountants and managers.
Duration: 1 year
The programme comprises 6 modules, students attempt three (3) modules per semester.
- Business Information Systems
- Commercial Law
- Financial Accounting
- Business Management
- Financial Management
A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent