Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
- Provides students with the knowledge and skills required to work in the human resource departments of small and large companies.
- Equips students with theory and practical abilities to plan, manage, and coordinate human resource requirements in various types of organisations.
- Trains students to work in both the private and public sectors.
- Provides students with the ability to select and recruit suitable employees to help the company grow.
- Gives students the ability to analyse and abide by legal requirements and business policies in all human resource management activities.
- Teaches students essential communication skills to ensure the development of employees and good working relationships.
- Trains students to assess problems with employees and take appropriate actions to solve any issues.
- Equips students with the skills to articulate the operations and performance levels required within the organisation.
The HC in Human Resource Management is a one-year distance learning course that allows students to study while employed full-time.
Thus, students with various home and work-related responsibilities can become qualified in human resource management despite having packed schedules.
Students can choose how they want the course to be delivered to them:
Option 1: Distance learning
This option is perfect for students who prefer to study independently. The distance learning modules include workshops, analysis, case studies, and self-directed reading. Every semester, optional workshops take place over two weekends. This allows students to interact with their lecturers and fellow students in real-world situations.
(Workshops are held in areas with sufficient demand.)
Option 2: Rich-distance learning
The rich-distance learning option is best for students who value independence while simultaneously wanting to maintain frequent contact with their lecturers and fellow students. Students who select the rich-distance learning option will engage in formal classroom activities online with instructors and other students.
This learning option is fantastic for people who want to experience the “traditional” study method but at a much-reduced cost.
- Human Resource Management in Context and Organisational Behaviour
- Attracting, Retaining, and Maintaining Staff
- Human Resource Planning
- Employee Health Safety and Welfare
- Labour Relations
- Employee Training and Development
After successful completion of the HC in Human Resource Management, students can pursue the following job opportunities:
- Call Centre Team Leader
- Client Service Officer
- Human Capital Practitioner
- Human Resource Administrator
- Human Resource Generalist
- Human Resource Officer
- Human Resource Operations Manager
- Labour Relations Officer
- Office Administrator
- Payroll Administrator
- Recruitment Specialist
- Registry Clerk
- Talent Acquisition Partner
- Training Administrator
- Wage Clerk
Admission requirements for the Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management are as follows:
- A National Senior Certificate with minimum Higher Certificate admission, OR
- A relevant NQF4 qualification or equivalent (‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates)