Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
- Teaches students how to process and record relevant information and compile basic financial statements.
- Provides scholars with the necessary knowledge of economic problems and how to effectively handle these situations within the work environment.
- Equips students with the knowledge and skills to improve interpersonal work relationships.
- Gives scholars the ability to solve fundamental problems related to the general principles of contracts.
- Equips students with a basic understanding of business management.
- Gives students robust and in-depth knowledge and skills related to supply chain management principles.
- Teaches scholars the primary and high-value knowledge of the purchasing management industry.
- Provides scholars with comprehensive skills to adopt an integrated approach to managing the supply of materials and services of organisations.
- Gives students the ability to identify and act on industry trends and needs.
The Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain Management is a three-year distance learning course. This future-focused degree allows students to choose between different delivery options — based on their needs.
Option 1: Distance learning
For students who want to work independently, this choice is ideal. The degree can be earned in a hybrid style, which makes it perfect for students who are already employed but want to improve their skills. Modules for the distant learning option include workshops, tutorials, self-directed reading, and case study analysis. The workshop sessions are conducted in a hybrid style with online and in-person classes. This allows scholars to connect and fosters collaborative intelligence.
(Regions where there is enough demand, hold in-person classes.)
Option 2: Rich-distance learning
This choice is best for the normal school-leaving student who values independence, close relationships with teachers and peers, and the rich on-campus learning environment. Students who select the rich-distance learning option will participate in formal classroom settings where they can communicate with instructors and other students (both in person and online).
Rich-distance learning is a fantastic option for students who want to experience the “conventional” manner of studying but at a much lower cost.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain Management, students can pursue the following careers:
- Business Research Analyst
- Industry Analyst
- Inventory Controller
- Load Planner
- Logistics Manager
- Operations Manager
- Production and Expediting Clerk
- Project Manager
- Purchasing Agent
- Purchasing Manager
- Storage and Distribution Manager
- Supply Chain Consultant
- Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Chain Sales
- Transportation Manager
To enrol in the Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain Management, applicants must have one of the following:
- A national senior certificate with minimum Bachelor’s Degree admission
- A relevant NQF4 qualification OR equivalent (‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates)
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements but have appropriate work experience can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as an alternative admission to the course. These admissions are based on the candidate’s prior studies, age, work, and management experience.
All submissions are subject to the approval of the RBS Selection Committee.