Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
- Provides students with a convenient avenue into business management studies for those who want to gain employment to climb the corporate ladder.
- Equips students with comprehensive knowledge of management functions within the business environment.
- Trains scholars to successfully understand, interpret, and use business trends and needs to their advantage.
- Provides students with the skills to identify critical success factors for starting and managing a small business.
- Gives students the skills to enhance productivity, effectiveness, and performance within the business environment.
- Teaches students how to broaden their understanding of essential functions of business management, such as finances, marketing, and communication.
- Provides students with the skills necessary to utilise financial management tools to acquire and use organisational resources effectively.
- Trains students to create and implement marketing methods to leverage business opportunities.
The Higher Certificate in Business Management is a one-year distance learning programme that allows students to study while employed. This means that students with diverse needs and numerous responsibilities have the opportunity to learn even while having a packed schedule.
Students can choose in which manner they want the course to be delivered to them:
Option 1: Distance learning
This option is perfect for students who prefer to study independently. The distance learning modules include workshops, analysis, case studies, and self-directed reading. Every semester, optional workshops take place over two weekends. This allows students to interact with their lecturers and fellow students in real-world situations.
(Workshops are held in areas with a sufficient amount of demand.)
Option 2: Rich-distance learning
The rich-distance learning option is best for students who value independence while simultaneously wanting to maintain frequent contact with their lecturers and fellow students. Students who select the rich-distance learning option will engage in formal classroom activities online with instructors and other students.
This learning option is fantastic for people who want to experience the “conventional” method of studying but at a much-reduced cost.
Course structure and modules
Duration: 1 year
The programme comprises 6 modules, students attempt three (3) modules per semester.
- Business Communication
- Business Management
- Business Information systems
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
After successfully completing the Higher Certificate in Business Management, students will have learned the fundamental skills they need to succeed in the following careers:
- Administration Supervisor
- Assistant Officer
- Business Administrator
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Consultant
- Business Manager’s Assistant
- Compliance Administrator
- Facilities Management Coordinator
- Field Sales Consultant
- Front Office Manager
- Health Spa Manager
- Human Resources Administrator
- Labour Relations Officers
- Marketing Administrator
- Office Manager
- Online Lecturer
- Operations Supervisor
- Project Officer
- Sales Supervisor
- Service Consultant
- Supply Chain Administrator
- Systems Analyst
- Team Leader
To enrol in the Higher Certificate in Business Management, applicants must have one of the following admission requirements:
- A National Senior Certificate with minimum Higher Certificate admission
- A relevant NQF4 qualification OR equivalent (‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates)