Study Enquiry FormA dedicated programme advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.
- Provides students with an in-depth understanding of management functions within the business environment.
- Equips students with essential communication and critical thinking skills and teaches them how to manage human resources and labour relations functions.
- Trains scholars to successfully understand, interpret and use data and statistics.
- Gives students the expertise to use conventional accounting processes.
- Teaches students about work ethics and how they should handle these situations.
- Provides scholars with a tech-rich knowledge of computerised business information systems and all their essential functions.
- Equips students with the skills to perform critical market research for business success.
The Bachelor of Commerce (general) degree is a three-year distance learning programme with a highly student-focused approach. This means that students with diverse needs and vast responsibilities have the opportunity to study even while working a full-time job.
All students will receive a full study pack for their course and will have ongoing tutor access and support via email or telephone.
Students can choose how they want the course to be delivered to them:
Option 1: Distance learning
This option is perfect for students who prefer working independently. The degree is completed through a fully-online system, which makes it ideal for people currently working and wanting to upskill. With the distance learning option, modules combine self-directed reading, case-study analysis, and workshops. These voluntary workshops are held over two weekends every semester and allow students to interact with fellow students and lecturers in a practical setting.
(Workshops are held in regions where there is sufficient demand).
Option 2: Rich-distance learning
This option is ideal for students who prefer to have a lot of contact with their tutors and fellow students — while also benefiting from the freedom of self-study. Scholars who choose the rich-distance learning option will have formal classroom situations (on an online platform) where they can interact with lecturers and other students.
Rich-distance learning is an excellent choice for students who want to experience the “traditional” way of studying — but at a far lower cost.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will have learned critical skills and will be eligible to shape the industry in the following careers:
- Accounting Assistant
- Business Analyst
- Business Manager
- Business Communications Specialist
- Customer Experience Expert
- Customer Insights Analyst
- Commercial Banker
- Digital Marketing Manager
- eCommerce Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Insurance Professional
- Internal Auditor
- Logistics Manager
- Manufacturing and Distribution Manager
- Market Researcher
- Operations Manager
- Sales Manager
- Social media Manager
- Sustainability Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- Tax Professional
- Telecommunications Manager
- Warehouse Manager
To enrol in the Bachelor of Commerce, applicants must have one of the following:
- A national senior certificate with minimum Bachelor’s Degree admission
- A relevant NQF4 qualification OR equivalent (‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates)
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements but have appropriate work experience can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as an alternative admission to the course. These admissions are based on the candidate’s prior studies, age, work, and management experience.
All submissions are subject to the approval of the RBS Selection Committee.
How to apply
Ready to apply for the Bachelor of Commerce programme?
Need more information?
Download the course Prospectus
Need more information about the course?
Need more information about the fees?