Study Enquiry Form
Complete all fields on the study Enquiry form, and a dedicated programme advisor will contact you.
- Teaches students how to work at all levels of government.
- Provides students with the ability to identify and solve public administration and management challenges of the 21st century.
- Equips students with essential communication skills to communicate public management-related issues.
- Teaches students to view public businesses from a future-focused perspective so they can effectively manage executive-level operations.
- Gives students the needed skills to consult with all stakeholders in the public sector environment.
- Enables students to display objectivity in the management of affairs.
- Trains students to promote and practice ethical standards in the work environment.
- Gives students a comprehensive understanding of public administration and management of political, social, and economic environments.
- Provides students with the expertise they need to analyse policies and make effective government decisions.
The Bachelor of Public Administration is a three-year distance learning programme with a student-focused approach. It allows students with various needs and responsibilities to study even while being employed full-time.
After registration, students will receive a full study pack and have continuous access to their instructors by phone or email.
Applicants can choose between two course delivery options:
Option 1: Distance learning
This option is excellent for those who want to study independently. Modules for distance learning include workshops, independent reading, and case-study analysis. Distance learning also offers additional workshops over the course of two weekends each semester. This makes it possible for students to communicate and connect with their teachers and peers in actual settings.
(Workshops are hosted in areas with sufficient demand.)
Option 2: Rich-distance learning
The rich-distance learning option is ideal for students who value frequent interaction with professors and fellow students while also enjoying independent study. This option allows students to interact with teachers and other students in formal, online class interactions.
Rich-distance learning is an excellent choice for those who want to experience the “conventional” way of studying but at a significantly reduced cost.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have learned the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue the following careers:
- Accounting and Financial Specialist
- Budget Analyst
- Business Administrator
- City Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Customs and Excise Officer
- Environmental Health Officer
- Executive Secretary
- Fundraising Manager
- Human Resource Administrator
- Human Resource Manager
- IT Manager
- Knowledge Manager
- Labour Relations Specialist
- Legal Administrator
- Operations Researcher
- Policy Analyst
- Political Advisor
- Population Studies Analyst
- Public Opinion Analyst
- Public Relations Researcher
- Public Relations Consultant
- Regional Planner
- Strategic Leader
To enrol in the Bachelor of Public Administration, applicants must have one of the following:
- A national senior certificate with minimum Bachelor’s Degree admission
- A relevant NQF Level 4 qualification OR equivalent (‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates)
Applicants who do not meet the requirements but have the necessary work experience can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as an alternative admission to the course. These admissions are based on the applicant’s prior studies, work, management experience, and age.
All submissions are subject to the approval of the RBS Selection Committee.