On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
- Define the sphere of human resource management
- Plan, manage and coordinate Human Resource Management requirements for an organisation
- Apply human resource principles when selecting and recruiting employees
- Communicate effectively to ensure development of employees and ensure maintenance of good working relationships
- Understand and apply the basic conditions of employment act in an organisation
- Explain the human resource principles related to employee benefits compensation and management of employees
- Determine and apply rewards and incentives
- Analyse, adhere, use, meet the legislative requirements and the business policies and procedures in the human resources management activities.
- Assess problems with employees and take appropriate actions
- Articulate the operations service and performance levels required in the organization
What is the duration of the programme, how is it structured?
The HCHRM programme comprises 6 modules. Students attempt three (3) modules per semester. The minimum duration of this programme is one year.
What are the admission requirements?
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent
- A or O level certificates
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour in Context
- Attracting, Retaining and Maintaining Staff
- Human Resource Planning
- Employee Health Safety and Welfare
- Labour Relations
- Employee Training and Development
What is Your Investment?
SADC Distance Fee Schedule 2017
South Africa Distance Fee Schedule 2017
South Africa Rich Distance Fee Schedule 2017
The Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management has been developed to facilitate the learning of the knowledge and skills required by people who are capable of applying to systems supporting human resource management practices. For South Africa to continue to grow and to remain globally competitive, it is crucial to increase the supply of competent people with average and middle order capabilities in such sectors in Human Resource Management. The mission of the qualification is to ensure learners are equipped with knowledge, theory and ability of the important disciplines in Human Resource Management, and enable them to demonstrate initiative and responsibility in a professional or academic context in this field of endeavour.
The Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management is a response to the workplace and stepping stone for one to familiarize themselves with the fundamentals of Human Resource Management. The current and future need for competent entry, junior and middle manages has been expressed by employers and employees. The skills, knowledge, attitudes and values required by Human Resource Managers are captured in this qualification. The breadth and depth of learning achieved by learners should help facilitate access to the world of work and will promote critical and analytical citizenship.
The articulation pathway for these students will be once they have completed their Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management, they can proceed to a BCOM qualification in Human Resource Management, or a Diploma in Human Resource Management. Students will have grounding of what Human resources entails and this articulation process will lead them to become successful working class individuals in the related fields of HR.