The Bachelor of Commerce (BCom Hons) degree is a 1 year programme that seeks to develop capacity in managers or persons who are aspiring to hold management responsibilities within the commercial sector. The programme enables students to develop integrated functional and reflective competences in business and general management by examining issues relating to Marketing Management, Human Resource and Industrial Relations Management, Strategic Management, Financial Management, as well as undertaking research directed towards business and management.
This provides students with cutting edge advanced management skills by exposing them to the functional areas of business and management at a postgraduate level, and ensures that they are prepared for the challenges of the global economy.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Analyse and solve managerial problems
- Demonstrate competency in the management of private enterprise, departments or sections to the benefit of all stakeholders in the multi-cultural business environment
- Interpret and critically evaluate evidence objectively
- Articulate vertically to REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
- Demonstrate competency in the execution of the tasks of planning, organising, leading and controlling in the different fields of strategic management, marketing, finance, human resources, research and operations management
- Demonstrate competencies in research including data collection, analyses, interpretation and recommendations
- Display research and communication skills
- Undertake research in key business fields
- Human Resource and Labour Relations
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Research Project
Choose one of the following:
- Investment Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Purchasing Management
- Operations Management
- Healthcare Management
- Financial Management
A Bachelor of Commerce Degree or equivalent qualification.