The REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting (BCom Accounting) Degree is a 3 year programme that focuses on equipping and developing students to be able to function in a wide range of financial and accounting tasks and to be able to function and add value in private and public sectors.
This qualification will also cater for the career and economic needs of students and prepare students for further post-graduate study.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge in a range of core disciplines, including business ethics, mathematics, statistics, accounting, taxation and commercial law.
- Demonstrate forefront knowledge and expertise in information systems.
- Provide accurate financial information vital in the organisational structures to management for decision making.
- Apply competence and skills related to general management principles of planning, organising, leading and control.
- Demonstrate an understanding of theories and practices pertaining to Auditing in the field of commerce and management studies.
The minimum entrance requirement for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) programme is an E symbol in Mathematics, together with Bachelor’s Degree endorsement.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements for admission to the respective undergraduate programme, but have appropriate work experience, may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as a form of alternative admission to the programme. Admissions via the RPL route are based on candidate’s prior studies, age, work and management experience. All admissions are subject to the approval of the RBS Selection Committee.