The programme is designed to empower learners with core Human Resource Management Skills in line with best practices and quality standards. Learners should be able to reflect on their decisions and the effect thereof within the context of human resource practice in an organisation. With a trend towards streamlined management and work practices, the last two decades have seen an explosion in Human Resource Management as an industry and profession, with various jobs available for those with the aptitude and the qualifications.
The programme therefore seeks to address and contribute positively to overcoming the gap of developing personnel capable of managing the organisations and its human resources.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Display knowledge of management in general
- Demonstrate competency in the management of various aspects of human resource management
- Collect, analyse, organise and critically evaluate information
- Recognise and respond to change within organisations
- Demonstrate competency in the execution of the tasks of planning, organising, leading and controlling in the field of human resources
- Demonstrate competencies in research including data collection, analyses, interpretation and recommendations
- Display research and communication skills
- General Management
- Human Resource Development
- Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Employee Relationship Management
- Research Project
A Bachelor of Commerce Degree or equivalent qualification.
Students who successfully complete the BCom Honours can enrol for the REGENT MBA.