Study Enquiry FormA dedicated programme advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.
Entrepreneurship is regarded as the cornerstone of economic growth in today’s business environment. In this highly competitive and complex arena, success takes more than passion alone. REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL’s Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship (HCIE) is a 1 year programme that provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to establish a new business and market a small business. It also provides a solid grounding in managing the finances of a small business and improving competency levels in accounting practices. In addition, the fundamentals of Business Communication and Management Principles will train entrepreneurs to be effective in their communication, leadership and management style. In a job market where retrenchment always threatens job security, this programme will equip graduates the skills needed to be an entrepreneur or business owner, with the analytical business tools and increased knowledge to develop and maintain a business.
The Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship has been developed in response to the growing need to provide students with the necessary skills; or to further enhance their existing skills in establishing their own businesses thereby assisting in improving the economical landscape in Southern Africa. This programme will provide students with the opportunity to assume the responsibility, risk and rewards of starting and operating their own business. The Higher Certificate in Entrepreneurship offers students the opportunity to improve their business management skill set.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Develop the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
- Build the necessary skills which will serve as a foundation for all further business learning.
- Utilise numerical and statistical knowledge in facilitating the ability to manage a small business.
- Use and understand conventional accounting processes for small businesses.
- Undertake appropriate managerial decisions on the basis of understanding of accounting and financial processes.
- Display knowledge of selected day-to-day management functions of a business enterprise.
- Demonstrate knowledge with regard to the human resource and labour relations functions of a small or medium business organisation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the environment in which businesses are situated.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal context of businesses.
Our accredited and recognised CIE provides graduates with:
- A foundation for a career path in commerce.
- The opportunity to gain admission to REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL’s BCom programme on completion of the CIE.
- A greater understanding, new ideas and the ability and know-how to start a business.
- Knowledge that can be applied in the present business environment to boost career advancement, improve performance and develop a business.
Who should apply?
- Aspiring individuals whose objective it is to start their own business and who need information and skills so they can free their ideas and entrepreneurial potential.
- Individuals who want to empower themselves with knowledge needed to be successful in the business world.
- Business people who are looking for sound skills and proven strategies to succeed in the business world.
- People with part-time or full-time employment who wish to advance their careers or start their own businesses.
- Small Business Marketing
- Strategic Small Business Management
- Business Communication
- Small Business Finance and Accounting
- Management Principles
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent
- A or O level certificates