The purpose of this qualification is to provide students with the basic introductory knowledge, cognitive and conceptual tools and practical techniques applicable to the field of Marketing Management. Emphasis is placed on the general areas and principles that guide and form the foundation of marketing practice. Coupled with the principles, techniques, methods and strategies employed in the organisation, the learner will be able to build fundamental competence in the marketing field.
This qualification will signify that the student has attained a basic level of knowledge and competence in the field of marketing. The specific marketing knowledge is underpinned by and combined with the fundamental knowledge found in the field of business management. This knowledge strengthens the student’s ability to work confidently within the organisational context.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Utilise technology to communicate and market effectively.
- Evaluate, apply and intergrate marketing knowledge and skills and general business principles to real life situations taking into account societal, ethical and cultural considerations.
- Gather and manage marketing information appropriately in alignment to business objectives and sustainability of the business.
- Understand and analyse contemporary marketing information and evaluate the potential future outcomes of marketing management decisions.
- Business Communication
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Information Systems
- Customer Relationship Marketing
- Sales Marketing
- Financial Management
A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent