South Africa has a well-developed and extensive wholesale and retail industry. The Higher Certificate in Retail Management (HCRM) programme is designed to meet the needs of students who are already employed and involved in the wholesale and retail field. The retail sector is currently faced with one of the highest skills shortages.
The purpose of a qualification in retail management and marketing programme is to introduce a student to the main functions and management of a retail business and the key issues associated with understanding retail trading and retail environments.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders using a variety of communication tools
- Analyse and interpret financial information and develop an action plan to address possible shortcomings
- Manage employee performance to achieve specific objectives in a retail environment
- Understand various aspects of the retail supply chain to achieve specific objectives in a retail environment
- Analyse information relating to the economics of businesses and develop an action plan to address possible shortcomings.
- Business Management
- Business Information Systems
- Business and Consumer Law
- Retail Management
A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent