Supply chain management seeks to integrate the value chain of organisations (all suppliers and customers) and processes that contribute to ultimate customer value. Supply chain management is a systems approach to managing the entire flow of information, materials, and services from the suppliers’ supplier to the customers’ customer.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the supply chain management environment within an organisation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the influence of performance and risk within a
supply chain management environment
- Contribute to the development of a supply chain strategy for an organisation.
- Contribute to operational plans for supply chain management
- Implement elements of a supply chain strategy
- An Overview of Supply Chain Management
- Management Principles
- Principles of Economics
- Supply Issues in Supply Chain Management
- Operations Issues in Supply Chain Management
- Distribution Issues in Supply Chain Management
A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF 4 Qualification or Equivalent