Study Enquiry FormA dedicated programme advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Management and Leadership is a one-year post graduate qualification that seeks to develop capacity in management and leadership in an educational management context. The focus of the programme is to improve the practice of management and leadership in the educational sector. It is directed towards persons who hold or are aspiring to hold management responsibilities within educational institutions. The programme enables students with an education background to develop integrated and functional reflective competences in educational management.
It is intended for educational managers and those aspiring to occupy managerial positions in educational institutions. The programme examines issues such as management principles, educational governance, leadership in education, financial management in educational institutions and the use of information technology in education.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Apply quantitative methodologies
- Acquire academic and professional knowledge required for leadership of educational institutions
- Apply management principles in an educational context
- Administer financial resources in an educational institution
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the functioning of an educational institution
- Display knowledge of the provisions of relevant legislation relating to the governance of educational institutions
- Be aware of the implications of information and communication technology
- Principles of Educational Management
- Leadership in Education
- Governance in Education
- Using Information Technology
- Financial Decision Making in Educational Management
- Research in Educational Management
A Bachelors Degree or Advanced Diploma or equivalent qualification; Two years of work experience