As organisations are becoming increasingly project-based, these skills will enable persons to design and execute multiple projects to operationalise the strategic objectives of the institution.
Project management is regarded as a useful competence to deliver
products and services on time, within budget and according to
predetermined quality specifications. The programme aims to allow
students to develop competencies associated with effective project
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Communicate effectively and manage stakeholder relationships in an ethical and professional manner.
- Demonstrate evidence of self-directed learning.
- Analyse and evaluate data in order to justify sound and rational decisions.
- Generate and manage projects in an integrated manner to build organisational capacity to successfully execute projects.
- Apply appropriate project management techniques and methodologies to real life scenarios.
- Display knowledge of corporate governance, risk management, and strategic management.
- Analyse scenarios related to identifying and solving problems in the context of project management
- Integrate skills and knowledge to produce holistic solutions to real-life problems and challenges
Students attempt three (3) modules per semester.
- Project Integration Management
- Project Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Leadership
- Project Risk Management
- Project Quality Management
- An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma or
equivalent qualification, and
- Two years of managerial work experience.