REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL would like to thank all our students for their patience and understanding during these unprecedented times. They have shown great resilience through their continued studies via alternative digitally-aided platforms that have been put in place by our academic team. They will surely reap the rewards for their efforts.
We are pleased to announce that due to the move to level 2 of the National Lockdown in South Africa, we will be reopening its offices on Monday, 7th September 2020 in all regions of operations. Although Teaching, Learning and Assessments (i.e. webinars and examinations) remain online for now, offices will be open for the following limited services:
- Student support
- Student Fees
- Library services (Booking is essential. Please read further details below.)
- Academic and Research support (Please check faculty availability before visiting.)
We strongly recommend that students continue communicating with regional offices electronically, and only visit should they require additional assistance. When visiting any of the RBS offices, the following Health and Safety protocols must be adhered to at all times.
6 Golden Rules of Prevention
We must do everything we can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. We all have a part to play in keeping each other safe by following six golden rules.
Download our Student Health and Safety Booklets for more details on protocols to follow when visiting our offices.
- COVID-19 Student Health and Safety Booklet 1st edition
- COVID-19 Student Health and Safety Booklet 2nd edition reduced
Library Reopening Protocols and Procedures
Our library facilities in Durban, Cape Town, Johannesburg, East London, Pretoria, Windhoek, Ongwediva and Swaziland will be accessible from Monday, the 7th September 2020. However, a limited number of users will be permitted during the following office hours: Monday – Friday 08h30 to 16h30. REGENT has taken special precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of our students while using the library facilities at our learning centres. This includes screening all students upon arrival, regular sanitisation of the library surface areas and books, addition of special partitioning screens on library tables.
Students will be allowed a maximum of 2 hours per day, subject to prior booking. Please contact your regional office below to make a booking.
|Regions||Contact details||Email address|
|Cape Town||021 4222567|
|Johannesburg||011 4821404||[email protected]|
|East London||043 7211271|
|Pretoria||012 7641300||[email protected]|
All COVID-19 protocols must be strictly adhered to:
- Hands must be sanitised at the sanitising stations provided.
- Face mask must be worn at all times. No entry without a face mask.
- Students are required to do a self-assessment health check. This can do this on your mobile through the Higher Health WhatsApp bot (details below). This can be done prior to arriving at the learning centre.
Higher Health Self-Assessment WhatsApp Bot
- Add 0600 11 0000 to your contact list.
- Open a WhatsApp and message ‘Hi’ to this number.
- Follow the prompts to complete your self-assessment.
- Show your completed assessment at the security check-point on arrival.
- Alternatively, you can use the Higher Health USSD line
- Dial *134*832*2# and follow the prompts
On entering the building students will be required to adhere to the following requirements before proceeding through the designated entrance:
- Wait for security to scan their temperature.
- Show the completed self-assessment on your phone or complete a screening questionnaire on arrival.
- Abide by the recommendation to move to the isolation room immediately if deemed to be a risk.
- No group study sessions will be accommodated until further notice.
To ensure safety and well-being, it is compulsory for students to book their time slot with their respective regional library staff.
The following time slots are available for booking:
|1||8h30 to 10h30|
|2||10h30 to 12h30|
|3||12h30 to 14h30|
|4||14h30 to 16h30|
It is essential that students strictly adhere to the Covid-19 student protocols as listed above. For further information on library requirements, please feel free to contact the Head of library services in Durban: [email protected] or 031 8267471.
- Students are encouraged to make use of alternative forms of payment instead of cash to reduce the likelihood of surface transmission of the virus;
- Available to students are Debit and Credit card payments, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), Bank deposits (Cash), Payment Gateway (CMI student portal) and SnapScan (QR code below);
- A private workspace will be setup for electronic payment via self-service Card Machine and a dedicated PC provided for EFT’s and online payments;
- Equipment will be wiped down before and after every use
RBS is confident that if we continue to work together in unison we can help each other and our nation to overcome the pandemic and its effects in these unprecedented times.
Office of the Managing Director and Dean
REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL