The Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (PGDA) is a one year programme that prepares students for the Initial Test of Competence (ITC) or the Board 1 examination set by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA). The Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting is a distance programme supported by lectures.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Display the necessary competencies to successfully complete the SAICA ITC examination.
- Be equipped technically for a career as a chartered accountant.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the theories and practices relating to Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Auditing and Taxation in the context of business and commerce and management.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate in a rational and logical manner
- Identify and solve real-world problems pertaining to Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Finance, Auditing and Taxation in the context of business and commerce and management.
- Be able to analyse and evaluate data in order to justify sound and rational decisions.
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Auditing
- Advanced Taxation
- Advanced Managerial Accounting and Finance (MAF)
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent with SAICA accreditation.