A registered private Higher Education institution that offers accredited, affordable and accessible management education seeks a Public Relations and Communication Specialist.
The incumbent must be a dynamic individual who is familiar with strategy development and adept at building relationships with clients and stakeholders. This is an executive position which reports directly to the Directorate.
Key Performance Areas include but not limited to:
- planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
- liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople;
- liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email;
- researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- collating and analysing media coverage;
- writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- devising and coordinating photo opportunities;
- organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- maintaining and updating information on the organisation’s website;
- managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook;
- sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- commissioning market research;
- fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- Highly organised, efficient and be able to demonstrate an outcomes driven, focused approach on the delivery of monthly objectives.
- Planning and Organising, actively support the stakeholder engagement.
- Act as the co-ordinating spokesperson for RBS.
- The individual must possess a relevant Marketing or Public Relations Degree, a Business Degree (will be an advantage) together with 5 years of working experience.
- In addition to regular office hours, there are frequent evening and weekend responsibilities
- The incumbent is expected to travel to regional offices in South Africa and SADC as and when required.
- The incumbent must be a dynamic individual who is familiar with strategy development and adept at building relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Proven working experience in public relations required
Applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department by 15 November 2015.
No late applications will be accepted. Should you not receive feedback 15 working days after the closing date, accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing and Public relations experience: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- Drivers License
The Administrator will provide a vital link between prospective students and the organization. The role is demanding and diverse and involves:
- Using sales and marketing techniques and networking in order to attract students.
- Developing a good understanding of students
- Using social media to, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates
- Create brand awareness and increase student numbers
- Provide student support
- Compile Feedback Reports and ensure that it is correct and delivered on time.
- General Sales and Office Administration and Filing.
- Matric or graduate / completing degree
- Computer literacy intermediate level (Microsoft Word and Excel, email, internet)
- Strong analytical skills
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Closing date for applications :
15 November 2015