Study Enquiry FormA dedicated programme advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.
The Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management has been developed to facilitate the learning of the knowledge and skills required in supporting human resource management practices. For economies to continue to grow and to remain globally competitive, it is crucial to increase the supply of competent people with average and middle order capabilities in such sectors in Human Resource Management.
The mission of the qualification is to ensure that students are equipped with knowledge, theory and ability of the important disciplines in Human Resource Management, and enable them to demonstrate initiative and responsibility in a professional or academic context in this field. The Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management is a response to the workplace, and stepping stone for one to familiarise themselves with the fundamentals of Human Resource Management.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Define the sphere of human resource management.
- Plan, manage and coordinate human resource requirements for an organisation.
- Apply human resource principles when selecting and recruiting employees.
- Communicate effectively to ensure development of employees and ensure maintenance of good working relationships.
- Analyse the legislative requirements and the business policies and procedures in the human resources management activities.
- Assess problems with employees and take appropriate actions.
- Articulate the operations service and performance levels required in the organisation.
- Human Resource Management in Context and Organisational Behaviour
- Attracting, Retaining and Maintaining Staff
- Human Resource Planning
- Employee Health Safety and Welfare
- Labour Relations
- Employee Training and Development
A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent